Wednesday, August 02, 2006

RULE OF THUMB #4

Rule of Thumb #4:

It's not cute, nor impressive, to place statues of living animals (i.e. deer, horses, cattle) in your front yard as lawn ornaments, especially if you live in a rural area and/or your yard fronts a busy highway or thoroughfare.


First of all, these animals don't add to the "beauty" of a lawn. Really! I'm not talking about having a cute little bunny, squirrel, or turtle up near your garden either. Secondly, and this is my real problem with this idiocy... When I'm driving at night on a country highway or backroad, I have enough things to watch out for. The last thing I need to worry about is having my headlights catch the shape of a deer off on the side of the road, making me think there may be more of them around and ready to jump out in front of my car. We all know deer are suicidal, and there's nothing we can do about it! As that crazy workout woman used to say "Stop the insanity!"

No comments: